This accessibility statement applies to the website https://www.lumi-supercomputer.eu/
CSC is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
- The websites are partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The content listed below is non-accessible because it is not compliant with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
Visual content and elements
- Images in the social media feed are missing alternative text. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some linked images or icons are missing alternative text, for examples: linked images in featured posts do not have a text alternative and the “reply” icon buttons in the social media feed have no label. Some linked images have alternative text which does not describe the purpose of the link, for example, the logo link alternative text does not include the text in the logo. (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4.)
- There are some issues with the text contrasts, for example, link contrast with the background in the social media feed. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- There are some issues with the contrasts of user interface components and graphical objects, for example, the Reply, retweet, share and like buttons in the social media feed. (WCAG 1.4.11)
- Insufficient audio description: the What LUMI is about video on the Media page contains some on-screen text which is not present in the audio track, and there is no alternative audio description available. (WCAG 1.2.3, 1.2.5)
- Some text is cut off when zooming only text to 200%. E.g. the posts in social media feed. (WCAG 1.4.4)
- Some elements do not scale responsively on a 320 CSS point screen width (which corresponds to 400% general zoom on a 1280 x 1024 px screen). E.g. the embedded video on the Media page does not scale and causes horizontal scrolling. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- There are some issues in the information and relationships of the site: Date information is placed before the heading. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Information about an active navigation element is not determined programmatically. E.g. current link in navigation menus is highlighted visually but not marked programmatically (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2)
- There are several issues with the HTML heading structure. E.g. Social media feed has empty h6 headings, navigation links on narrow screens are incorrectly marked up as headings. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Page regions or ARIA landmarks have been determined, but their use is inconsistent and sometimes misleading. Examples: nested navigation landmarks within the header with no label, the big feature on the home page is not inside any landmark, the Cookie notice or the logo area above the footer are not contained in any landmark, breadcrumb navigation is not marked and labelled as a navigation region and aside landmark is contained by another landmark on pages within a subsection of the site, such as Resource allocation. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- HTML validation detected some errors and warnings. For instance: duplicate ID’s in the header search form, a stray </div> end tag on the front page and stray </p> tags on FAQ page. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- Some interactive elements are not included in the tabular order. E.g. the Show more button beneath the social media feed. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- There are some issues with the visual keyboard focus indicator. E.g. the search field in the header has selected text when focused but no other indicator, the default focus indicator is hard to see around call to action links (such as Read More on front page) and linked images and sometimes not visible at all in Firefox. Because the cookie notice is last in the focus order, it can hide the focused element and a significant part of the page content, especially on mobile. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- Some form controls are missing an associated label. E.g. the search form has no label and the Newsletter subscribe form does not have an always-visible label. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 3.3.2)
- The main Newsletter subscribe form shows a success message when the form has been successfully sent. The message is not announced by screen readers. (WCAG 4.1.3)
Content which is not within the scope of the applicable legislation
- Videos published before September 23rd, 2020.
- PDF documents published before September 23rd, 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16th December 2020. It is based on an assessment carried out by a third-party evaluation of the website’s compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This statement was last reviewed on 19th May 2021.
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility control unit